Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tsagaan Sar, Day 2

Today, the Dean's, Pattersons, John, and I visited two different Mongolian homes.  The first house we went to was that of Ganperuv and his family.  We had a pretty good time there.  After I took my coat off, the very first thing I saw was a big old cooked sheep- head, tongue, esophagus and all.  I was a little worried because it seemed like I saw more fat than meat.  Then there's the whole fact of this neckless head staring at me while I eat the rest of its body..... I really wasn't looking forward to eating that.  But fortuantely they brought out some buzz (I never though I'd be happy to see that) and potato salad.  So we ate and ate and ate.  Then after a few hours, we headed over to Bigay's family's house.  There we ate more buzz, but they had quite a few pastries that were very good.  So my first Tsagaan Sar visits weren't as bad as I was expecting them to be.  I guess I'll see in a few hours how my stomach held out...  I was able to take quite a few pictures today and I will be putting them on my shutterfly right after I finish this.  The address is on the right hand side of my blog.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congratulations!! You posted before John posted it!